Image via Wikipedia
Okay, so I am sitting here, watching The Office reruns and mentally coming up with excuses as to why I many not choose to workout at 8:30. My initial workout time was 6. Then it was 7:30. Now it’s 8:30 and I am getting more and more tired and less likely to get up and go.
I need motivation. I am going to spend the next 10 minutes coming up with reasons to workout. I will post my results here. *sets the timer*
WHY I SHOULD EXERCISE TONIGHT
- Healthmonth.com: I am a member of HealthMonth and I have this very competitive streak in me. If I don’t stick with my weekly goal of working out 5 times a week, I lose a point. I don’t like losing. I like seeing the progress graph go up and up.
- I am pretty sure I am only 5 pounds away from the next size down in jeans. My jeans right now are slightly loose. The next size is slightly snug. I’m almost there.
- In an hour, I will be finished and any food cravings I have will be diminished. (Exercise always helps with that.) I won’t have to fight against eating the wrong thing for the rest of the night.
- We just purchased a $450 elliptical machine. It needs to be put to use.
- My friend has a pass to the YMCA with an indoor pool. If I want to take advantage of it before winter ends, I better get into shape.
- I am actually in a fairly decent weight loss mode right now. I haven’t stalled, I’m not on a plateau. This is a great time to take advantage of that.
Okay. I think I have convinced myself. I will be working out in 20 minutes. I will not stop until at least 45 minutes have passed.